Between April 2020 and October 2023, we published two newsletters about copyediting and proofreading, one for members only (The Edit) and a free one for anyone who wished to subscribe (Editorial Excellence).
The Edit was our e-newsletter for CIEP members until the end of October 2023. It kept members up to date with CIEP happenings, useful resources and editorial practice insights, including:
- the latest CIEP articles for you to read
- our new publications and resources, including fact sheets, focus papers, practical tools and guides
- news about training, CPD and conference
- insights from our forums
- useful non-CIEP articles, resources and events
- new developments in software
- our latest language quiz!
Editorial Excellence was our general free e-newsletter about good practice in copyediting and proofreading. It covered a range of topics to help you get the best out of the editorial process, along with news about CIEP resources, blog articles and events.
Editing Matters was our e-magazine when we were the SfEP. CIEP members can read all issues of Editing Matters and its predecessors (1988 to 2020) by logging into the members’ area and going to the Editing Matters archive page. The Editing Matters index has a comprehensive list of topics covered.