Before you hit the email button or pick up the phone, please take a few minutes first to read our FAQs and explore the wealth of other information available for free on our website. Our busy office staff regularly get asked questions that have already been answered on these pages.
How to get help
Our office staff are abiding by current regulations and working from home. This means responses to your enquiries may take longer than usual. We ask for your patience during these difficult times.
- The staff are working as fast as possible through membership renewals, upgrading, guide and course orders, and other queries, but please expect to wait up to 10 days for a response.
- Any requests for course extensions will be honoured.
- Please read this list of FAQs before you contact us – we may have already answered your question!
Our directors are here to help you, too.
- For queries about the CIEP’s local and special interest groups, volunteering and recruitment advertising, email Vanessa Plaister, community director, at [email protected].
- For help with training courses, email Jane Moody, training director, at [email protected].
- For membership enquiries, email Sue Browning, membership director, at me[email protected].
- For questions about upgrades, email Lucy Metzger, professional standards director, at [email protected].
- For problems accessing the website or forums, email Richard Hutchinson, the digital services director, at [email protected].
Get in touch with the CIEP office
How to find us
Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading
176 Upper Richmond Road
London SW15 2SH
District Line to East Putney station. Exit the station, turn left and walk down Upper Richmond Road. Apsley House is approximately 300m away, on the opposite side.
Putney mainline. Exit the station, turn left and left again at the traffic lights (Foxtons estate agents is on the corner). Apsley House is approximately 100m away, on the left.
Nos 37 and 337 run from outside East Putney tube station west towards East Sheen, Sheen and Richmond, or east towards Clapham Junction and Peckham. Get off at Putney Station (stop G from Clapham/Peckham, stop F from Richmond/Sheen).