- Why join the CIEP?
- Read about the benefits members enjoy, from the latest editing information and advice to a range of valuable discounts, support to find work and the shared knowhow of our friendly community.
- Learn how to get the right training, CPD and mentoring to work as an editorial professional.
- Find out how the CIEP upholds editorial standards.
Watch a short film about why members value our online forums.
- Can anyone join?
- Yes. We have different membership grades depending on whether you’re just starting out or already have some training and experience. When joining you will be asked to agree to our Code of Practice and our Dignity Policy.
- What does it cost to join?
We offer various deals and discounts if you are joining for the first time, and the fee you pay depends on when in our membership year you join. Find out about:
- annual membership fees
- first-year discount
- part-year discounts
- voucher towards training
- special deal for publishing students.
- Which grade is best for me?
- Find out how our membership grades compare, which is right for you and how the admission process works.
- How do I make the most of my membership?
- Go to your online member handbook in the members’ area.
- I’m ready for the next level
- Find out how to upgrade your membership.
If you want to rejoin after a gap in membership, you may be eligible for a reduced fee and a simpler application process. To find out, please contact the office before applying.