|Mobile||07563 064 873|
A self-confessed maths geek with an eye for detail and a way with words.
I offer proofreading, copy-editing and answer checking for maths textbooks and digital resources at all levels and for popular and recreational maths books and content.
I will bring my enthusiasm for all kinds of maths to your project, to help you ensure that it is as polished and as accurate as it can be.
Selected Portfolio A full portfolio is available at www.qbfproofreading.co.uk
For Out of House Publishing
- A Level Further Mathematics for OCR A Additional Pure Student Book (Answer check)
- Cambridge International AS & A Level Mathematics: Probability & Statistics 1 Practice Book (Answer check)
For Oxford University Press
- MyMaths for Key Stage 3: Homework Books 1C, 2B and 3A (Proofread)
- MyMaths for GCSE: Invisipen Videos (Script and video edit)
- MyMaths Secondary Online Lessons and Homeworks (Copy-edit, proofread, test)
For Edco – The Educational Company of Ireland
- ReviseWise Maths Series for Leaving Certificate (Copy-edit)
- Dynamic Maths Series for Leaving Certificate (Copy-edit and answer check)
For QBS Learning
- Collins AS and A Level Maths Revision Guides (Proofread)
Qualifications and training
- Advanced Professional Member of the SfEP
- Publishing Training Centre Basic Copy-editing course – passed with merit
- Publishing Training Centre Basic Proofreading course – passed with merit
- BSc Mathematics (2:1 University of York)
- A-levels in Mathematics, Physics, Psychology and Spanish
- School mathematics (primary, secondary)
- Popular mathematics
- Recreational mathematics
- Puzzle books
- Aptitude tests
- Education (early years, primary, secondary)
- Camtasia Studio
- On-screen proofreading
- On-screen editing
- Maths answer writing
- Maths answer checking
- Video editing
- Bloomsbury Publishing
- Pearson Education
- Oxford University Press
- Cambridge University Press
- Sunrise Setting
Thank you so much for the wonderful work you did on ensuring everything was A1 in both the text and solutions. You spotted many errors that I had overlooked and thanks to you we have 2 books which I can safely say have minimal if any errors in them. It was a pleasure to work with you and I must say I was very taken by the detail you put into proofing documents.
Padraic O’Luanaigh, author of Dynamic Maths LC Higher Books
Many thanks for this and for all your hard work on the proofs. I enjoyed working with you and your input has been very valuable.
Linda Harvie, Oxford University Press
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with you in recent months. You have a wonderful way with authors – and you faced some highly challenging scripts.
Dog’s-ear Publishing Services, France