|Mobile||07956 867 465|
I am a proofreader with a small business financial background, and I work with small businesses, postgraduate business students, and independent publishers.
Specialisation and experience
- Business subjects, with a particular interest in marketing and management (experience includes proofreading of 3 business PhD theses, many small business websites and blogs, marketing materials, and training manuals)
- Children’s picture books and activity books (more than 50 books proofread for Clever Fox Press)
- Travel lover (proofread of ‘Journeys of a Lifetime, Second Edition: 500 of the World’s Greatest Trips’)
- Adventurous cook (proofread of ‘The Black Book Of Gin Cocktails’)
Please do get in touch to discuss how I can help you.
- Plain clear English
- Editing non-native English
- Website editing
- Theses and dissertations
- Illustrated books
- Company literature
Freelance since July 2015
- Introduction to Fiction Editing (SfEP) 2018
- Essential Grammar (Publishing Training Centre) 2018
- Basic Proofreading by Distance Learning (Publishing Trainng Centre) 2016
- Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Clever Fox Press
- Toucan Books
- PhD Business students
- Small businesses
Business/business studies (advertising, management, organisational behavoiur, small business, strategy, theory)
Children's publishing (activity, fiction, picture books, young children)
BBusSc in Marketing and Economics
Can’t believe how many errors you have spotted that I missed. Clearly it is well worth paying a proof reader!
JW, Essex University PhD student and university lecturer
René provided a helpful and very professional proof reading service. Communication about timing of submissions and returns was very clear as were other terms of engagement. René made several useful observations which informed my work and has helped with current writing, I certainly feel that using her proofreading services has been an investment, raising the quality of my academic writing.
FH, PhD student, University of Essex
René provides an extremely efficient and professional proofreading service. We’ve used her skills on a number of large scale international projects and she has always provided an excellent standard of work within agreed budgets and timescales.
Matt Williams, TwentyOne Leadership