- Presubmission manuscript preparation
- Indexing and legal-tabling
- Typesetting and layout
- News and feature-writing
- Academic books
- Office 2016
- Quark Xpress 2016
- Acrobat Pro
- Sky Index Pro
Qualifications and awards
- BA (hons) Latin 2:1 Southampton
- MA English (creative writing) Kent
- 10 O levels and 3 A levels (Latin, history and French)
- RHS general certificate in horticulture
- Editing by distance learning (distinction) (Publishing Training Centre)
- Advanced Professional Member (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
- Qualified indexer (Society of Indexers)
- Member of Socio-Legal Studies Association Executive Committee
- Grade V music theory, grade VII violin and grade VII piano
I am a highly skilled editorial professional with thirty years' experience in the world of publishing. I have been freelance since 1997 and during that time have worked for a wide variety of clients – including most of the major academic publishers and numerous university academics – on books, journal articles and research reports as a copyeditor, indexer and proofreader. Projects for repeat clients include: editor and webeditor for the Socio-Legal Studies Association; production editor of a peer-reviewed law journal, the Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly; subeditor and indexer of the Law Society's Legal Compliance Bulletin; and indexer for the Royal Collection Trust. Please visit my website to download my full CV and publications list.
- Socio-Legal Studies Association
- Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly, Queen's University Belfast
- Law Society, Legal Compliance Bulletin
- College of the Inns of Court
- The Royal Collection
- academics at the universities of Kent, Bristol, Westminster and York
- Law – especially socio-legal studies
- Classical studies, history and archaeology
- Fine art
- Gardening and horticulture
I have worked in publishing since graduating in 1984 and have a long list of happy customers. I enjoy working in partnership with publishers and other organisations, ensuring that texts are brought up to the best possible standard. I also absolutely love working with authors, making sure that their treasured projects come to fruition as smoothly and efficiently as possible. I am constantly updating my skills and to this end gained an MA in English from Kent University in 2017 and continue to improve my knowledge of French via my local adult education service. I am eagle-eyed, a devil for a deadline and a Ninja indexer! Please visit my website for further information, contact me by email, or just phone for an informal chat about your project.
Finally, it has been a pleasure to work with some fantastic professionals during the production of this book ... and Marie Selwood, who has meticulously proofread the manuscript and prepared the index to this book.
Devyani Prabhat (2018), Britishness, Belonging, and Citizenship: Experiencing nationality law, Palgrave Macmillan, 'Acknowledgements', v
Finally, Marie Selwood provided eagle-eyed editing under high pressure with patience and grace.
Grietje Barrs and André Spicer (eds) (2017), The Corporation: A critical multi-disciplinary handbook, Cambridge University Press, 'Acknowedgements'
Thanks also to Marie Selwod, a wonderful editor, for her careful handling of my text and the many improvements she brought to it.
Emilie Cloatre (2013) Pills for the Poorest: An exploration of TRIPS and access to medication in sub-Saharan Africa, Palgrave Macmillan Socio-Legal Studies Series, 'Acknowledgements', xii
Finally, during the production process we were fortunate to be able to draw upon the expertise and skills of ... Marie Selwood (indexer).
John Ayers (2016) Chinese and Japanese Works of Art in the Collection of Her Majesty the Queen, The Royal Collection Trust, 'Acknowledgements', ix