|Location||edit ed, GREATER LONDON|
|Mobile||Please email me for full business contact details|
- I provide editorial services and consultancy for the educational publishing industry. My services include content and development editing, copyediting, proofreading and project management of language learning and teaching materials, including Business English, EAP and ESP.
- I have extensive experience of teaching general and professional English to adults and of delivering training in business skills. This experience, along with my background in writing language education and training materials, informs my editorial work.
- I'm passionate about quality control and standardisation, and very interested in finding efficient ways to streamline the path from author's draft to copyedited manuscript, without dehumanising the process.
- I'm also keen on improving the communication from editor to designer at proof stages.
- copy-editing, development editing alongside authors, content editing of finished manuscripts and proofreading
- on-screen editing, on-screen proofreading, web page/site editing, testing/checking interactive digital material
- project management
English language teaching (ELT), English as a foreign/second language (EFL/ESL), Business English, Professional English, English for Specific Purposes (ESP), English for Academic Purposes (EAP), education, teacher training, linguistics
All print and digital material
Freelance since 2003, with two periods of employment in-house: Editor, Chancerel (Klett), 2003–04; Senior Development Editor, Macmillan, 2013–14
- InDesign Complete (2013)
- Advanced Internet Research (2010)
- Efficient Copy-editing (SfEP, 2007)
- On Screen Editing (SfEP, 2005)
- Editing Illustrated Books (Publishing Training Centre, 2003)
- Copy-editing Skills (PTC, 2003)
- Proofreading and Editorial Skills (Chapterhouse, 2003)
- Introduction to Proofreading (SfEP, 2003)
Qualifications and awards
- City & Guilds Licentiateship (LCGI) in Editorial Skills (2013)
- RSA Diploma TEFLA
- RSA Certificate TEFLA
- BA (Hons) Linguistics
Cambridge University Press, Macmillan English, Helbling Languages, LearnJam, emc Design, Cengage Learning, Pearson Education, English360, Brookemead Associates, Sage Publications, Balberry Publishing