Discover your professional community and fulfil your potential as an editor or proofreader.
We are a non-profit organisation run by and for our members. We promote editorial excellence by supporting practitioners with training, networking and professional recognition.
Who joins the CIEP?
- Freelance editors, proofreaders and other editorial professionals.
- Editorial and communications staff working for publishers, businesses and other organisations.
- Publishing students and graduates.
- People looking for a career change or thinking of joining the profession, in-house or on a freelance basis.
- Members of partner organisations, such as publishing-related bodies and other national editing societies.
- Organisations who use editorial professionals and share our aim of upholding editorial excellence (who join as Corporate Members).
Why join the CIEP?
- Share knowhow and get advice in our local, national and international networking groups, lively online forums and vibrant social media spaces.
- Boost your practice and credibility with professional training and the backing of our Code of Practice.
- Gain recognition for your skills and experience with progressive membership grades, from Entry Level to Advanced Professional.
- Get advice on finding work, and promote your business through our networks and Directory.
- Keep up to date with industry standards and CPD.
- Access free member-only support, discounts and resources, plus member rates for training and publications.
I feel certain that I would not have been able to develop my skills as effectively or find work so regularly had I not been a member, and I'd urge anyone working as a proofreader or editor to join.Ian Howe