Dr Andrea Kay | Medical Editor | Yours Truleigh EditingAdvanced Professional Member
|Location||Shoreham-by-Sea, near Brighton, West Sussex|
Dr Andrea Kay provides editing and proofreading services for clients in public health, medicine and science. Complex documents are a speciality as is text written by multilingual speakers. Documents are edited for consistency, readability and technical accuracy.
- I provide a friendly, reliable and professional editing service helping clients produce clear, concise and accurate text appropriate for their target audience. Good communication with clients is a priority and work is delivered to clients' schedules.
- I have particular experience in editing articles, technical reports and books about health systems, HIV/AIDS, drug-resistant tuberculosis and respiratory medicine.
- Current clients include the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, European Respiratory Society publications, Preacto Prepress Limited, and the World Health Organization.
Developmental editing, substantive editing, copy-editing, language editing, proofreading
- BA Biochemistry (Oxford University)
- MSc Medical Genetics (Aberdeen University)
- PhD Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease (London University)
Basic Proofreading (PTC) | Copy-Editing (PTC) | Proofreading mentoring scheme (CIEP)
CIEP Conferences 2013–21, Efficient Copy-editing (CIEP), Editing with Word (CIEP), Medical Editing (CIEP), Onscreen Editing (CIEP), Professional Development Day for Medical Editors (CIEP), References (CIEP).
- ERS Publications
- European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- European Society of Cardiology
- Synergy Vision
- World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe
Biomedical science, communicable disease, emerging infectious disease, genetics, health emergencies, health systems, HIV/AIDS, medicine (academic/research), molecular/cell biology, noncommunicable disease, obesity, public health, respiratory medicine, tuberculosis
We have worked with Andrea for a number of years. She is accurate and reliable, and she is never fazed by the complex work we send her way. We rate her very highly indeed and value her flexibility and professional approach to all our editing challenges.
European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
I’m always delighted with Andrea's work, which is of excellent quality and outstanding accuracy. Andrea works with exceptional professionalism.
Medical officer, Tuberculosis Programme, Division of Communicable Diseases, World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe
Andrea is a consistent and thorough editor with a good eye for detail. She is able to work to specific style guidelines with minimal guidance and always works extremely well to all deadlines set. Andrea is very easy to work with.
ERR Managing Editor/ERS Publications Technical Editor, ERS Publications Office
For several years, Andrea has provided copy-editing services for a peer-reviewed, specialist journal published by RCNi. This work requires her to edit clinical and research manuscripts to a house style to provide clarity, consistency and readability for an audience of nurse specialists. It involves ensuring clarity of structure and consistency between text, tables and figures, including statistical data, and raising author queries ... and ensuring that references are in order and complete. As these manuscripts are written by healthcare professionals rather than professional writers, they often require rewriting, which can be substantial. Andrea’s work always demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, while retaining the author’s voice and tone. She meets deadlines promptly. I have no hesitation in recommending her services as a copy editor.
Editor, Nursing Older People journal
Andrea has been a key part in the production of books for several of our clients. Her level of copy-editing has played a large role in producing a quality product, providing consistency and accuracy throughout. Andrea works well to schedules and the level of communication is exemplary. We would highly recommend and look forward to working with Andrea in the future.
Managing Director, Riverside Publishing Solutions